2.10.2010

Valentines

During our "major snowstorm" that cancelled school today even though we could still the grass through the snow at 3pm, Tate and I made Valentine's for all his friends at school. They have set up a post office and each kid has a mailbox (decorated paper bag) and they will deliver their Valentines by matching the name on the box with the name on the Valentine. Last year we did the store-bought perforated variety and so this year I felt we needed to step it up. Tate drew one picture, wrote Happy Valentine's Day and signed his name to it. We took it to the office, scanned it in, printed 18 of them, cut up some red paper and then sat down to glue. He did one, then I did one. Then he got up to change the character on Wii, then I asked him to come sit back down and finish gluing. He glued one and then got up again to set up the next MarioKart race. He glued one more then got up again and picked his race car. When I asked him to please come back and finish, he said, "Mom? Can you just do it so I can play Wii?"

I guess I'm lucky I got him to do the one drawing and sign his name.

No comments: