3.13.2009

Lights On!

Driving home we can see the bridges across the bay and I always ask Tate which bridges he can see. He always says, "I can see the Bristol Bridge. And I can see the Newport Bridge."

Several nights ago we drove by and I asked which bridges he could see. "I can see the Bristol Bridge. But I can't see the Newport," he said. Sure enough one bridge was lit up and one was not. Well, I had just discovered that my friend Stacie's father now works as a toll taker on the Newport Bridge. So I promptly blamed Mr. Perry..."Oh Tate, Papa Jim forgot to turn the lights on tonight!" "Oh," he says.

Last night we drove by again. Tate announced, "I can see the Bristol Bridge. And Papa Jim remembered to turn the lights on the Newport Bridge tonight!! Yeah!!!"

Mr. Perry, please remember turn on the lights every night. There is a 4-year-old boy in Barrington keeping tabs on your job performance!

No comments: